[fluid-dev] autotools versions and CVS

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: [fluid-dev] autotools versions and CVS
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:44:10 +0200

Hello

Having checked out the latest fluidsynth yesterday, I was unable to generate a functioning configure script. After doing a diff between my generated configure and the configure for FS-1.0.4-1, I realized that 1.0.4-1 was using a configure made by autoconf-2.59 whereas the autoconf that I used for the CVS configure was version 2.57. I would like to know which versions of aclocal, glibtoolize, autoconf (and autoheader also) and automake are being presently used or recommended for CVS. It would also be appreciated if you could include this information in future CVS releases.

Many thanks.
Ebrahim