[fluid-dev] Setting generators

From: Frank Barknecht
Subject: [fluid-dev] Setting generators
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:27:00 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to add the ability to set generators to the fluid~ external
for Pd and Max. I already implemented this by using the
fluid_synth_set_gen() function, but somehow I don't hear any changes
in sound, when I set some generators to various values.
fluid_synth_get_gen reports the changes settings, though.
Do I need to activate the changes somehow?

I admit that I'm really not fully understanding how the generators
affect the synthesis, so I'd really love to see some code in action in
some application. Unfortunatly fluidsynth itself doesn't seem to use
fluid_synth_set_gen anywhere, so I cannot "copy and paste" stuff.

I'm mostly interested in setting loop points and envelope delay for
single notes, maybe this is best done through another approach
altogether?

Ciao