Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth segfault on gentoo amd64

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth segfault on gentoo amd64
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:19:29 -0700

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 15:03 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I recompiled fluidsynth with these options:
>
> ./configure  --disable-oss-support --enable-debug  --enable-longlong
>
> I have amd64 in 64bit mode
> gentoo
> alsa 1.08
>
> What other info do you need?

The code that is crashing has a number of components that could be
causing the crash.  I suspect that a pointer is falling off the end of
the sample data, but could you verify (after the crash, at the GDB
prompt):

(GDB) p *dsp_coeff

(GDB) p voice->sample->end

Its probably related to the phase related calculations, since this does
involve some icky 32/64 bit hacks.  I thought that longlong would fix it
though..

> Thanks,
> Jeremiah

Regards,