[fluid-dev] How does fluidsynth do pitch shifting?

From: V K
Subject: [fluid-dev] How does fluidsynth do pitch shifting?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I am working on simple experimental wavetable playback
system for Linux, currently software only.

I want to accomplish pitch shifting, much like
fluidsynth does.

I am curious, what algorithm does fluidsynth use to do
real-time pitch shifting/pitch bending?  Will someone
shed some light on some of these details?

My understanding is that pitch bending/pitch shifting
requires sample rate conversions which seems to be a
pretty complex process.

I also noticed that running fluidsynth on my 2GHz K7
PC, the CPU utilzation sometimes exceeded 75%.  What
routines in fluidsynth consume so much CPU?

Thank you!
Kai.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs