Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.7 "Increasing Fluidity.." released

From: Christoph Eckert
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.7 "Increasing Fluidity.." released
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:01:45 +0100

Hi all,

> - Jack driver displays a warning if jackd sample rate doesn't match
> synthesizer rate (in the hope that it will cut down on confusion when
> synthesizer is out of tune)

* The warning will not be noticed if lazy desktop users will use qsynth
(except qsynth grabs the output and converts it into a message box or
something else)

* The issue came up when I tried a cool Rhodes soundfont which I found
on http://learjeff.com/sf/sf.html
The soundfont is at 44.1kHz, while my USB audio card only runs at 48kHz.
This leads to a detuned result. I was asked if I couldn't use permanent
pitchbend but it's not enough: The detune is slightly more than two
semitones ;-) .

The question is if fluidsynth will ever be able to resample soundfonts
on the fly to avoid detuning. I have not enough technical knowledge; I
guess it could be technically done while the audio result is not
optimal.

Any opinions?

Thanks & best regards

ce