Re: [fluid-dev] OOM killer synths and ALSA overruns

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] OOM killer synths and ALSA overruns
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:02:41 +0000

The ALSA sequencer buffer overrun error is a bug in FluidSynth, which
really warrants a release, in and of itself.  Its fixed in CVS.  As for
good low-latency Linux response, not sure what the best options are
these days, since I haven't played with it much with newer kernels.  I
have heard though that unpatched the 2.6.x kernels can be either very
bad or moderately OK as far as latency, depending on which particular
version, etc.  I think there are existing tools which help one to track
down sources of latency, since a single driver could in fact be the
culprit.  Much luck.  And if you do figure out a good combo and feel
like sharing the info, please do :)
        Josh