Re: [fluid-dev] Warning message

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Warning message
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:56:34 +0200

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 19:50 -0400, John Dey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using fluidsynth.  I get a warning message that I would
> like to eliminate.  It is
> fluidsynth: warning: ALSA sequencer buffer overrun, lost events
>
> It results when I drive fluidsynth (fluidsynth soundfontFile) and then
> running aplaymidi -p PORT midifile.
>
> When I read midifile from fluidsynth directly (fluidsynth soundfontFile
> midifile), I do not get buffer overrun.  The missing events are not
> noticable in the produced sound.  I get the same results on a PS3
> running Yellow dog 5 and on a fc5 x86 machine.  Is there something that
> I am missing?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> John Dey

Hello John,

Yeah this is a bug that is fixed in CVS.  Long overdue for a release.
There are a couple of patches from other users that I haven't gotten
around to applying yet, and after that it should be ready.  This warning
can usually be ignored, unless the actual printing of the message causes
problems.  Nice to hear that you are running it on a PS3 ;)

Best regards,
        Josh