[fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically?

From: Ken Restivo
Subject: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:27:27 -0800

I've noticed an alarming tendency lately for fluidsynth to "go stealth"
sometimes.

Basically I'll start up a couple fluidsynth instances, like I've been doing
every day for almost a year now. But, once in a while, and increasingly
frequently, the instances will NOT show up in JACK, nor will they show up in
ALSA, but the processes *are* definitely running!

So, they kind of go dormant, I guess.

This is with the CVS version from 2007.04.17, yeah yeah I know, it's not the
latest release so probably nobody's too interested in doing anything about it.

If it were repeatable I'd try the latest version and see what happens. But it's
intermittent so I'm not sure what new problems I'd be introducing by going to a
newer version.

-ken