Re: [fluid-dev] Windows build

From: O. P. Martin
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Windows build
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:58:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Josh,

Thank you for your help.

Please forgive me for asking stupid questions.

OK, in anticipation of your upcoming work, I have installed Eclipse +
CDT (europa) and the MinGW tool chain on my XP.  So I
guess you could say I am ready when you are.

I am using MinGW rather than Cygwin because I want to use only
libraries that have Lgpl or better licensing, and my understanding is
that Cygwin uses a compatibility layer to implement access to libc
which forces Gpl compliance on any code that links to it.

Does fluid require libc?  If it doesn't...

Unfortunately, this is my first attempt to build an (multi-platform)
open source library (that was not already to go for my compiler...).  I
do not know what I am doing.  Maybe that's part of the problem ;-)  If
someone on the web has a quick tutorial on standard practices, that
might help.

I think i still have to figure out how to use msys...  persistence will pay
off...

From the tuning thread, my question would be, does Fluidsynth
and/or QSynth support the Midi Tuning Standard?

http://www.midi.org/about-midi/tuning_extens.shtml

A couple more questions that may or may not be impertinent:

I am curious if Fluid supports or if there are plans to
support the SFZ font file format in addition to SF2.

Are there any plans for a VST?

Thank you for your patience.

May the Lord bless you,
Philip