Re: [fluid-dev] Re: The 1.1.0 milestone

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: The 1.1.0 milestone
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:25:30 +0200

Thanks Jimmy for caring about the fate of my efforts. You might not know that everything I've done is in the public trac repository (http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/browser/branches/2.x), the changes I was in the middle of won't get committed since they would break it, and the other things that were already thought out aren't written anywhere, so it's just what's there. There's one refactoring change done, and some little fixes, one patch is already merged in the stable version. So that's everything and it's not that much as you can see, I was just starting.

It seems like something has sparked Josh's interest and he's the maintainer, so I guess that's the new path to take and we must reposition ourselves to the new plan. My interest on FS was going for the big things and I don't feel like developing them with the current codebase (I explained what would make my work easier), so here is where my FS development interest ends. I'm a bit upset at Josh for not knowing how the new plan affected the previous one, specially because it's been just a few months since we talked about it.

I don't feel bad for the time spent doing this, I've get to know the project and the people behind it better, and I've dropped some ideas that could be useful, it's not wasted time. I might find time to help in the list and do some small patches for fixing bugs that I find, that's all I want to do for now.

Best regards.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó