Re: [fluid-dev] sharing memory of multiple soundfont (follow-up)

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] sharing memory of multiple soundfont (follow-up)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:12:08 -0400

Quoting patrick <address@hidden>:
hi,

i was looking in the archive and found this post:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2008-08/msg00001.html

i asked the author of qsynth and sadly the support for soundfont
sharing as been drop. is there any application or solution for sharing
memory space?

pat

Hello Patrick,

Something like this would be nice. I'm curious what particular functionality you are trying to gain though by having multiple FluidSynth instances. I imagine it probably has to do with audio routing. The other option would be to get FluidSynth to be able to accomplish what you want, without having to have multiple instances of it.

Best regards,
Josh