[fluid-dev] Re: MIDI Standard Specs

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: MIDI Standard Specs
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:30:49 +0200

Graham Goode skrev:
> Hi,
>
> For GM1 and GM2 specs see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI,
> http://www.midi.org/techspecs/gm.php
> For GS download a Roland Sound Canvas manual from
> http://www.edirol.net/products/en/archives.html and see the appendix
> lists
> For XG try
> http://web.archive.org/web/20060926124939/http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/reading/pdf/xg_spec.pdf
>
> Hope that helps...
>
> GrahamG

Thanks. I knew about the GM1/GM2 spec URL - that's basically advertising
for buying the spec from the MIDI organization.

Downloading the Roland Sound Canvas manual was a good idea, I could
compare that with the XG spec and if they suggest the same, I could
change FluidSynth default to be in line with that standard. Two examples
are that the default volume of a channel will be 100 (current default
value is 127) and all channels will get instrument 0 as default (current
default instrument is the same as the channel number).

Any objections to these (and similar) changes to make FluidSynth more in
line with the midi specifications?

// David