[fluid-dev] Re: libsndfile support for file rendering

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: libsndfile support for file rendering
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 07:14:31 +0200

address@hidden skrev:
> I just committed libsndfile support for the fast file renderer and
> aufile driver.

I had a quick look at the code and I think that it looks good.

> The new command line switches are:

It was probably the best way to solve the problem, but I'm afraid we'll
run out of letters soon :-/

> -T, --audio-file-type: Audio file type (defaults to auto, which
> determines format from file extension, with fallback to wav)

Suggest fallback to raw for backwards compatibility.

> I realize that the file renderer could use even more options.  For
> example, the ability to specify a time duration for the render or how
> much extra time to render after player ends.  For this reason, I think
> it may be a good idea to use a mechanism where we can add additional
> options in a backwards compatible fashion.
>
> What do you think about something like this:

I think it is a good idea. And better do it now before 1.1.0, when we
can change the public API.

// David