[fluid-dev] Re: lost connection to Jack server (svn Rev 243, over the we

From: jimmy
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: lost connection to Jack server (svn Rev 243, over the weekend)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:32:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 10/19/09, jimmy <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: jimmy <address@hidden>
> Subject: lost connection to Jack server (svn Rev 243, over the weekend)
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Monday, October 19, 2009, 9:28 AM
>

> This is with this weekend SVN checkout of  Fluidsynth,
> trying with a single soundfont for each of
>
> SGM-V2.01.sf2
> PC51f.sf2
> Unison.sf2
>
> playing the midi file from
>
>    "mmacdonald.com/midi/XG/Conquistador 3K
> MM.MID"
>
> wiht Unison.sf2, Fluidsynth completes the music OK.
>
> I restart jackd, fluidsynth, aplaymidi everytime.  The
> problem is when using SGM-V2.01.sf2 (always), or PC51f.sf2
> (sometimes), Fluidsynth gives me error message that it lost
> connection to Jack server.  The first 2-3 tries with
> PC51f.sf2, Fluidsynth never completed playing, after a few
> more tries, it does seem to play to completion.  I
> still have yet to get to the conclusion of the song with
> SGM-V2.01.sf2.  The messages:
>

> cannot read server event (Connection reset by peer)
> zombified - calling shutdown handler
> fluidsynth: error: Help! Lost the connection to the JACK
> server
>

> The error can be earlier (more consistent) with Fluidsynth
> "-v" (verbose) option.
>
> The machine is 2.4GHz, 1 GB RAM, fairly recent Debian
> Sid.  May be more problematic on slower hardware.

For what it's worth, I just tried with some other soundfonts and verbose option.

With Unison.sf2 and verbose (-v) option, I also get the same problem and error
message:

cannot read server event (Connection reset by peer)

zombified - calling shutdown handler

With FluidR3_GM.sf2, no obvious noises, but same problem with Jack server
connection in both verbose and non-verbose mode.

With GeneralUser_GS_SoftSynthv1.43.sf2, it is noisy at times but most of the
time Fluidsynth can plays it to the end of the song in both verbose and
non-verbose usage.  Once in a while, it suffers the same lost connection
problem to Jack server in verbose mode.  Haven't played it too many times in
non-verbose mode at the moment.

Jimmy