[fluid-dev] File output with FluidSynth API

From: Felix Krause
Subject: [fluid-dev] File output with FluidSynth API
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:42:18 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to save FluidSynth's audio output into a file using the API. My code
basically does this:

- get settings object with new_fluid_settings
- set audio.driver to "file"
- set audio.file.* settings (tried different output types - raw, aiff, wav)
- create synth with new_fluid_synth
- create audio driver with new_fluid_audio_driver
- load a SoundFont

And for testing:
- do some sound output with fluid_synth_noteon / noteoff
- create a midi player with new_fluid_player, load and play a midi file with it

The file specified by audio.file.name is created, but FluidSynth does not write
anything to it. Did I miss to do something in order to start writing the output
to the file?

I'm working with FluidSynth 1.1.1 with libsndfile support on MacOSX 10.6.2.
Normal output with CoreAudio works perfectly.

Cheers,
Felix