[fluid-dev] Re: coreaudio driver bug

From: Stéphane Letz
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: coreaudio driver bug
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:39:14 +0200

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 21:08:16 +0100
> From: Victor Lazzarini <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] coreaudio driver bug
> To: address@hidden
>
> The problem seems to be audio hardware related. It is playing fine
> with builtin audio, but my external USB soundcard produces the
> distorted output I have been reporting here. Interestingly, portaudio
> and jack seem to cope OK with it. I'll investigate more.
>
> Victor

Developing a correct CoreAudio driver able to adapt to any hardware with any
channel mapping is a bit more work.

The right way is to use AUHal audio unit.

See : http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#technotes/tn2002/tn2091.html

Or PortAudio driver (more complex since duplex..)
http://portaudio.com/trac/browser/portaudio/trunk/src/hostapi/coreaudio/pa_mac_core.c

Or Jack CoreAudio driver (even more complex since duplex and able to aggregate
in/out) :
http://trac.jackaudio.org/browser/jack2/trunk/jackmp/macosx/coreaudio/JackCoreAudioDriver.cpp

FluidSynth should be much simpler, since it is output only.

Stéphane Letz