Re: [fluid-dev] Multi-kernel system test

From: Bernd Casper
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Multi-kernel system test
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:23:38 +0200

Hi David,
this is quite interesting.

In a real-time scenario using two kernels *slows down* latency and overall performance here, when using many programs simultaneously, while seemingly increases polyphony performance at te same moment (personal impression of my ears - stereo horizon is enlarged). I use buffers/size/polyphony 6/384/1024, and 8 instances of FS.

Is this what's intended?

To me it's very important not to use a QuadCore high-end computer system - on such a system the kernel settings would not affect latency, I assume. I use a Dual-Core mid-size system ("average").

Regards
Bernd.