[fluid-dev] Patches (was Re: [ fink-Package Submissions-3074237 ] fluids

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: [fluid-dev] Patches (was Re: [ fink-Package Submissions-3074237 ] fluidsynth-1.1.2)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 22:10:18 +0200

On Thursday 07 October 2010, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:
>  I don't see any problem in removing the comma.
>
> perl -pi -e 's/R = 7,/R = 7/' include/fluidsynth/synth.h

You are proposing a perl one-liner instead of a standard unified patch to
request the code fix. That may explain why it has not yet been fixed in the
SVN repository. Your search/replace code may generate a correct edition, but I
don't see the context of the modifications, which allows to immediately
perceive if it is correct or not, or if it is worth. Of course, I could
execute the one-liner and then generate a "diff -u", and examine the patch
before committing it, but it would be a nice courtesy from you if you save us
that work. And please, post the patch to the mailing list so there are more
eyes watching and commenting the proposed modifications. Thanks.

Regards,
Pedro