Re: [fluid-dev] Major degradation in sound quality & cpu usage going fro

From: Matt Giuca
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Major degradation in sound quality & cpu usage going from Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:20:04 +1100

I need JACK because I include audio files in my sequences.  I can even use it on a 450 megahertz machine.  I've learned a lot about using it in the past few years.  I use Rosegarden, and it's easiest to record audio tracks using Rosegarden.

Okay. I might try it again if I need to include audio files in my sequences. How do you manage to get audio files in Rosegarden though? I didn't think that was possible?

(For instance, say I wanted to include a recording in an otherwise-MIDI song, can you insert the recording into Rosegarden so it would be played at the appropriate time?)

Just for my benefit, have you tried FluidSynth with ALSA/Pulse on Ubuntu 11.10? If it works, then I should be able to upgrade, since I don't need JACK.

Thanks
Matt