Re: [fluid-dev] Major degradation in sound quality & cpu usagegoing from

From: Bernd Casper
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Major degradation in sound quality & cpu usagegoing from Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:52:16 +0100

Gents,

as a matter of coincidence, the jOrgan community just has also experienced the issue of FluidSynth to fail loading soundfonts bigger than a certain amount, under Windows. So far, we've experienced that FS fails to load soundfonts bigger than appr. 400 MB, or stops to load soundfonts into more than one FS instance, after an amount of appr. 400 MB RAM usage is reached.

Regards
Bernd Casper BCA.