Re: [fluid-dev] Fun dbus crash

From: Corbin Simpson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fun dbus crash
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:06:29 -0800

Huh. With that argument, about half the time, the test works (I hear
delightful synthesized piano). I'm getting more fun errors, like:

process 13344: arguments to dbus_pending_call_free_data_slot() were
incorrect, assertion "*slot_p >= 0" failed in file dbus-pending-call.c
line 748.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

python: malloc.c:2453: sYSMALLOc: Assertion `(old_top == (((mbinptr)
(((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct
malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size)
>= (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk,
fd_nextsize))+((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 * (sizeof(size_t)))
- 1))) && ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long)old_end &
pagemask) == 0)' failed.

Can't reproduce under valgrind, which is not a good sign.

Anyway, I've gone back over my code and I'm pretty sure I can't
influence this particular bug much, since it happens inside a call for
which I don't control *any* parameters (fluid_rtkit_make_realtime) and
I'm pretty confident that if this were my bug, it would have shown up
a while ago.

I wish I could somehow debug it further, but at this point I can't do
it without digging into dbus source, which unsurprisingly is not fun
enough for me to attempt right now. Maybe later when I have spare
time.

There really isn't a setting I can flick to tell FS to not attempt rtkit? :c

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<address@hidden>