Re: [fluid-dev] Durations in the API with FLUID_SEQ_NOTE

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Durations in the API with FLUID_SEQ_NOTE
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 11:17:56 -0600

Corbin:

If you play a MIDI file that is sufficiently complex  to max-out the polyphony parameter, fluidsynth gets in a 'bad state' where new notes are either dropped (don't play at all), or play for only a short instant (less than half a second).

This happens on the version of fluidsynth released with ubuntu 12.04.  This problem was also in ubuntu 11.10.

Perhaps this is a manifestation of the problem I reported, or perhaps it is something else.

- Aere