[fluid-dev] MIDI Standard Tuning

From: Fede Galland
Subject: [fluid-dev] MIDI Standard Tuning
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 07:02:39 -0300

Hi all,

I've been using fluidsynth for a while, and at the moment I'm getting
into xenharmonics, and it would be nice to have a native linux sampler
handling tunings.

I've been succesful loading tunnings through command files, but scala
exports them to only modify the first program, and it's a hurdle to
change that every time I try a change in a scale.

I want to load MTS files, but I don't know how to. I've tried both:

>$ fluidsynth soundfont.sf2 xxx.mid
                                ^
                                This is the tuning file

and also dumping the midi data through alsa midi ports (with pmidi), but none
of them
worked.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation, and to the devs and community for
this ubiquitous sampler.

Have a good one,

Fede