Re: [fluid-dev] Is it possible to only build libfluidsynth?

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Is it possible to only build libfluidsynth?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:18:00 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Is it possible at configuration time (either cmake or autotools) to specify that only libfluidsynth should be built?

I don't believe you can configure that way, but if you use the cmake Makefile generator, you can simply build with "make libfluidsynth". I think you'll have to then install it manually.

With autotools/libtool, run "./configure" normally, go to the "src" directory, build with "make libfluidsynth.la" and install with "make install-libLTLIBRARIES". I'm not sure you can skip the install step (there might be some relinking going on there), but you can use DESTDIR to install the library paths wherever.