Re: [fluid-dev] Switching tunings

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Switching tunings
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:08:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Srijan Deshpande wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to switch tunings in Fluidsynth using control change / program change messages.

My question is, how do I do this from my MIDI controller? Sending Bank/Program change messages does not seem to work.

The equivalent, more of less, of tuning/tune/settuning is the Single-note Tuning Change (real-time) sysex. See:

  http://www.midi.org/techspecs/midituning.php

Some of the other tuning-change commands might work also, but the commonly utilized Bulk Tuning Dump doesn't (and, apparently, shouldn't, though the specification contradicts itself on the subject).