[fluid-dev] Install instructions do not seem accurate

From: will kranz
Subject: [fluid-dev] Install instructions do not seem accurate
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 02:23:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hello friends:
Discovered this application while searching for linux MIDI applications.
I'm just a dabbler, but have been dabbling for 25+ years so am not a newbie.
I downloaded and unpacked
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/archive/v1.1.8.tar.gz
Its 'INSTALL' file says I can run 'configure', but there is no such file in the
distribution.  There is a 'configure.ac', which might work with autconfig, but when I try this I getan error about an undefined variable and am not sure how to set it correctly.

It looks like cmake might work, but I am old fashioned, and do not have the newer cmake version required.  Is there a way to build this for old school people?

Possibly the 'INSTALL' file should be updated to explain this.