[fluid-dev] Error running fluidsynth.exe after building on Windows 7 64

From: Alexander Reeves
Subject: [fluid-dev] Error running fluidsynth.exe after building on Windows 7 64 bit
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 19:02:18 -0700

FluidSynth version

1.1.11

Current behavior

After using cmake to successfully build and make the fluidsynth.exe with the MSYS2 procedure, I opened the cmd terminal as an administrator and navigated to the newly-made src folder within the ../fluidsynth-1.1.11/build folder. With this folder as my working directory, and with fluidsynth.exe inside it, I enter fluidsynth --help in the terminal and get the following error:

"fluidsynth.exe - Application Error
The application was uable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I also attempted to build and make the application with the following command suggested by @derselbst

cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=0 -G "MSYS Makefiles" ..

But running fluidsynth --help on the build/src directory still results in the same error.

Expected behavior

Normally, fluidsynth --help should return some information about available commands, etc.

How should I proceed with troubleshooting? Thank you.