Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 2.0 beta talk

From: Andreas Müller
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 2.0 beta talk
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 15:53:58 +0200

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 10:51 AM Tom M. <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I'll wait for missing accessors and start fixing then.

Long time ago and finally found some time for fluidynth update.

Good news:
After update of QSynth / steeling & sending out patches from/to
various packages my images build with fluidsynth 2.0.1 cleanly.

Bad news:
It not yet usable for me on RaspberryPi: Creating a a single track in
qtractor with either good old fluidsynth-dssi (try to keep it in shape
in my fork) or calf-fluidsynth (looked into the code that needs love
anyway) and playing on USB-MIDI-keyboard causes ear crashing
underruns. Fluidsynth 1.1.11 does not have this issue.

Interesting:
QSynth works fine - need to check what it does different. Maybe I
should start with eliminating fluid_synth_nwrite_float deprecation
warnings.Suggestions welcome :)

Cheers

Andreas