Re: [fluid-dev] Slightly OT: Parsing SF2; duplicate pbag entries?

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Slightly OT: Parsing SF2; duplicate pbag entries?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 14:29:01 +0100

Hi,

Am So., 24. Feb. 2019 um 13:56 Uhr schrieb Mark Raynsford <address@hidden>:
On 2019-02-24T13:26:01 +0100
"Tom M." <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think your confusement may arrise from the question whehter ibag[1] is the
> terminal zone or not. This is not quite clear to me.

Sorry, I should have made that clear. In this case neither ibag[0] nor
ibag[1] are the terminal zones. The parser I'm writing doesn't expose
the terminal zones (or any of the other various terminal records) to
the application.

And that might actually be your problem. The terminal entries are important to determine the length of the collections. For example, the terminal ibag entry has the wInstGenNdx that you need to determine the number of generators in the previous ibag entry (terminal wInstGenNdx - previous wInstGenNdx). And that method is used in nearly all the collections (modulators, ibags, pbags, ...).

So your parser can't simply ignore the terminal zones.

Cheers,
Marcus