Re: [fluid-dev] Add free() wrapper for proper memory management

From: Pieter-Jan Briers
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Add free() wrapper for proper memory management
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 23:52:21 +0200

Hi,

> In this case you could write and build a new C shared library that contains the C functions you need.

I could do this, but this would require an extra shared library which would be a pain to manage. Ideally I really shouldn't need any extra native binaries outside of a normal libfluidsynth.so (or whatever platform specific name is).

Also, as far as I can tell, this approach is still not a proper solution on Windows, since modules may have their own heaps (so the glue library could have a different heap than Fluidsynth), see https://stackoverflow.com/a/36420475/4678631 . I would either have to static link or (easier) fork Fluidsynth to add this myself.