[fluid-dev] Routing disables program change

From: Francesco Ariis
Subject: [fluid-dev] Routing disables program change
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 21:15:18 +0200

Hello fluidsynths developers and users,

    I need help with a routing issue. Let me briefly describe my goal
first: I want fluidsynth to play each note at a fixed volume, regardless
of how hard or soft I hit the keys.

What I did is:

- invoke fluidsynth (1.1.11) as

    fluidsynth -a alsa -g 2 -r 44100 -c 1 -f ~/cfg/non-dot/fluidsynth_organ
~/cfg/data/audio/jeux-sf/jeuxdorgues21.SF2

- The contents of ~/cfg/non-dot/fluidsynth_organ are

    router_clear
    router_begin note
    router_par2 0 127 0 100
    router_end

The routing trick works (each note is rendered at uniform velocity), but
I cannot change the program.
I launched fluidsynth with -v and program_change events are not displayed
(they work if I do not load the config file).

What can I do to diagnose/fix this?
Thanks in advance
-F