Re: [fluid-dev] DLS format - AW: Release Candidate of fluidsynth 2.1 rel

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] DLS format - AW: Release Candidate of fluidsynth 2.1 released
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 17:51:39 +0100

> Tom, thanks for 2.1 and in particular the builds for Windows. Tests of the
> DLS format run almost smoothly. I have one recommendation. The function
>
> int fluid_is_soundfont (const char *filename)
>
> in misc.h, fluid_sffile.c fails for the DLS format but only covers sf2 and
> sf3. I recommend to include the DLS format to this function/module, too. To
> me it is not a big deal and avoids a change in the user software.

Thanks for the feedback, Reinhold.

You're right, I wasn't quite sure about this either, since the name of the
function suggests to only work for SF2. But since it is only a quick'n dirty
check anyway, I think it should also handle DLS files. After all, the main
purpose of this function seems to be trying to find out whether fluidsynth
might be able to handle that file...

So, unless somebody objects, I'll make fluid_is_soundfont() DLS aware for the
stable 2.1.0 .

Tom