Re: [fluid-dev] Issue after install: error while loading shared librarie

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Issue after install: error while loading shared libraries
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:11:38 -0500

Looks like that did it! I've read that sometimes the LD_LIBRARY_PATH values aren't retained:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/171264/248352

...so I added it to the end of my .bashrc file. After uninstalling and reinstalling fluidsynth (same instructions as before), I can now get the version:

~ $ fluidsynth --version
FluidSynth runtime version 2.1.2
Copyright (C) 2000-2020 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

FluidSynth executable version 2.1.2
Sample type=double