Re: [fluid-dev] Android app questions and issues

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android app questions and issues
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 12:32:00 +0100

> 1) Not enough loud:

It's not clear what you mean by "artifacts". Is it clipping?
Interruptions? Distortions?

Ideally provide the broken audio rendering. But without the soundfont
and a test MIDI it's very hard to tell what's wrong. Try a different
audio driver. Or use the file renderer to write to a file and see
whether it reproduces the "artifacts". If yes, it might be a problem
with fluidsynth. If not, probably somewhere else in your android phone.

> 2) I have tried both variants and don't hear any difference.

audio.period-size influences the latency of the audio. If you are
suffering from interruptions, increase its value.

Regarding the sample-rate: It would be really surprising if you heard
the difference between 44 and 48 kHz.

> What is recommended approach?

Set both values to what your device reports.

> 3)

That performance mode it passed as hint to Oboe.

https://google.github.io/oboe/reference/classoboe_1_1_audio_stream_builder.html#a6cd1d65612e844e59da71a68ea0ab3ee

We have no control what they make with it. You'll need to ask Oboe.

> 4) libs for armeabi-v7a are not working.

Where is it failing? In an emulator or on real hardware? Try to get a
more meaningful error. Watch out for inner exceptions. Double check that
all depending libs are available as well.

Tom