[fluid-dev] Determining what's wrong with a soundfont

From: Mark Raynsford
Subject: [fluid-dev] Determining what's wrong with a soundfont
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:24:40 +0000

Hello!

I've been putting together a small drum font using some great samples
from Quartertone on freesound.org:

  https://github.com/io7m/com.io7m.music.kit.dust_yard

Here's an LZMA-compressed snapshot of the most recent version:

  https://ataxia.io7m.com/2021/04/07/dust_yard-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.sf2.lzma

The problem: Fluidsynth seems marginally unimpressed with the font:

  fluidsynth: warning: Instrument 'dustYard': Some invalid generators were
discarded

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get anymore information out of it than
that. Multiple -v flags don't indicate what the actual problem is. Is
there some way to get it to tell me what I've done wrong? Editors such
as Polyphone seem to accept the font without issue, but then I don't
know if they're correct in doing so!

--
Mark Raynsford | https://www.io7m.com