Re: [fluid-dev] preset change via midi CC 72

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] preset change via midi CC 72
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 17:37:20 +0100

>From what I understand, you're trying to perform preset changes via
CC72. I don't understand why you're coming up with CC72 though.

Every GM MIDI compliant device performs preset selections via "program
change" events. Prog change events are completely different from CC
events. Fluidsynth cannot translate CC events to prog changes. If you
really have to do this kind of transformation, you'll have to look
into more advanced routers, like qmidiroute.

Also, there is a difference between a bank and a preset of a
soundfont. Banks are selected via CC0. You can instruct fluidsynth's
MIDI router to transform CC72 to CC0 events. However, many Soundfonts
only have two banks, one for melodic and one for percussion presets.
So playing around with CC0 is not what you want.

Tom