forge-main

[Forge-main] Assorted subjects...

From: Sisyphus D
Subject: [Forge-main] Assorted subjects...
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:15:33 -0800 (PST)

Greetings, all!  I'm pleased to see that you've been
accomplishing so much.  Keep up the great work!

That said, I wanted to make a few comments.  The first
goes out to Enrique, and anybody else who'd like to
begin work on an "Ancient Greeks in space" game world.
 Basically, it goes like this: Write whatever you'd
like, post it wherever you'd like, modify it however
you'd like, and I'll encourage you to no end.  On the
other hand, I don't think that I'll be working on the
world myself: I had firmly planned an entirely
different direction for the game (I personally am not
interested in developing an "alternate reality" game
world, for example), and our ideas would probably not
fit together too well.  As I just stated, however, I
encourage you to take the idea in absolutely any
direction.  May the wind be at your back!

Next, the issue of a potential name change for FORGE:
Ricardo, your points are completely correct.  I doubt
that I can add anything that Enrique and Jerry haven't
already added, but if you do indeed decide that a name
change is in order, I advise two things:

-- Base it on an already-existing word, and don't coin
a new one;

-- Make that word easy to remember and hard to
misspell.

As a note, you can most certainly get away with
choosing a catchy name and then building an anagram
around it.  Or maybe we could just call it "D&D" -- is
that name taken?

(Sorry.)

(Very sorry.)

Finally, I'd like to suggest that a system of weekly
updates be initiated.  For example, each Sunday could
see a message posted on the board regarding what was
accomplished during the week, which issues still need
to be resolved, and what concepts should be approached
next.  It might lend a stronger degree of synthesis to
the project, and that can never hurt.

All right: That's it for now.  Best wishes to you and
yours, and, once again, keep up the great work!

-- Duncan