forge-main

Re: [Forge-main] What's In A Name

From: Jerry Stratton
Subject: Re: [Forge-main] What's In A Name
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:49:56 -0800

At 12:09 PM +0000 on 11/16/02, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:

>On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 01:17, Jerry Stratton wrote:
>> FORCE

Campaign Catalyst  Catholic :*) Character Collaborative
>> FORT
>> FORTE
>
>Another good one, but what could the 'T' stand for?

Tome. Tale. Tango :*) Task Text Theme

E doesn't have to be engine, it might also be Explorer (Free, Open Roleplaying
Tale Explorer. A little unwieldy, but it would definitely push the game in a
specific direction.

Thermonuclear.

>> FOE (Free Open Engine)
>Not bad, but it doesn't have the same impact as FORGE, FORCE or FORTE.

Free Open Ended Hip And Mighty Mellifluous Roleplaying Engine

>> FOUR
>This might ahve the most possiblities: Free and Open Unified Roleplaying
>game. Saying that, the system has nothing to do with the number '4'
>which could be misleading.

Eden had four gates, and four rivers flowing out of it.

Sorry, no idea. I put that up just in case four made some sense. If it doesn't,
then I think FOUR is a really bad idea.

>> FOX
>
>Free and Open Xenogame? What is a Xenogame? Good question :)

A Xenogame is a game that goes beyond earthly boundaries.

>FATE
>FRINGE

Fringe would be cool, but probably confused with Fringeworthy.

--
address@hidden         Negative Space    http://www.hoboes.com/
"Tigger is all right *really*," said Piglet lazily.