forge-main

Re: [Forge-main] Name Poll (was 'What's In A Name')

From: Jerry Stratton
Subject: Re: [Forge-main] Name Poll (was 'What's In A Name')
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:51:26 -0800

At 10:50 AM +0000 on 11/22/02, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
>FORCE (Free and Open Roleplaying Campaign Engine)
>FORCE (Free and Open Roleplaying Character Engine)
>FRINGE (?)
>FORM (Free and Open Roleplaying Mechanics)
>Freetopia

I'd say that FORCE is best, since we don't have to decide what it means as
quickly :*)

But I think you should also be open to changing the name later, after its taken
more concrete form and before it is fully realized. Often, naming things is
easier after there's a better idea of what the game is really about. Sometimes
it'll be just some chance line from the game itself that stands out, or some
explanation to a player that suddenly makes everything click.

1. FORCE
2. XenoForge
3. FORCE
4. FRINGE
5. Freetopia

Remember that searching for gaming information about "FORM" on Google is likely
to provide a lot of fluff!

Jerry
--
address@hidden         Negative Space    http://www.hoboes.com/
  Trouble with you is the trouble with me,