forge-main

[Forge-main] Advantages and Disadvantages

From: Ricardo Gladwell
Subject: [Forge-main] Advantages and Disadvantages
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:44:34 +0000

> if I make a sorceror kind of character with terribly bad strength
> and constitution, then I could come up with an explantion of why
> this is so; but if I made a superstrong character, I could still
> presumably pick 'weak' as a disadvantage to gain some points, which
> makes no sense...
- http://www.freeroleplay.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26#24

I was thinking of coming up with a similar system for FRINGE where a
player could select disadvantages/advantages depending upon how high or
low an attribute was. For example, a character with Strength 0 would
have to pick a disadvantage to 'explain' his poor Strength, i.e.
suffering from a wasting disease. This would give additional
disadvantages.

Ideas?

--
Ricardo Gladwell