freebangfont-devel

Re: [freebangfont-devel] Want to join Free Bangla Font Project_for creat

From: Shaheed Haque
Subject: Re: [freebangfont-devel] Want to join Free Bangla Font Project_for creating a modern Bangla typeface_sans serif
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 14:38:21 +0100

I'm not sure how active this mailing list is these days. However, if you like you are welcome to start with the font I created "Raga", as that was intended to have a modern sans-serif look, somewhat akin to Times New Roman.

I'm neither an artist nor a typographer, so you may find the font rather simplistic and not very well encoded...but there are plenty of glyphs to start with and, IMHO, they look OK. The point is that you are free to apply your time and skill to it and make something of it. I'm not able to offer much more than a friendly wave in support. I think I used to use a tool now called FontForge to maintain it, but I have no idea if the tool and my file are still compatible. I've attached the .sfd source file, the original copyright "juktakkhor.txt" and the last .otf file I generated.

Enjoy. Do let me know if you make anything of it (and feel to give credit!).

Thanks, Shaheed