Hydrodynamics Kernel

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Hydrodynamics Kernel
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:10:29 -0700

One of the Pooma deliverables is a hydrodynamics kernel to test the
Field class and to use for timings.  Attached is

1) the main hydrodynamics kernel file (also included in the archive)
2) a uuencoded gzipped tar archive with all the source files

To compile the program,
a. uudecode foo.uu              # produces hydrodynamics.tgz
b. tar xzvf hydrodynamics.tgz   # extracts the five files
c. In Makefile, modify the compiler definitions as necessary.
d. make                         # produces hydrodynamics

****************

There are several ways the code could be improved:

1) The two sequential portions of the code could be replaced by
   data-parallel code.  Modifying the initialization code should be
   easy, but I do not know how to produce a data-parallel version of
   the "product" operator.

2) Corner fields could be better supported.  See my previously posted
   proposal.

Please send suggestions, comments, and questions.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden