Re: [pooma-dev] Hydrodynamics Kernel (12Apr Version)

From: Jean Marshall
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Hydrodynamics Kernel (12Apr Version)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:15:54 -0600

Great work -- looks very good -- congratulations!!

The LANL bunch

At 04:10 PM 4/12/01 -0700, Jeffrey Oldham wrote:
Yesterday, I delivered a hydrodynamics kernel for testing the Field
class and to use for timings.  Today, I replaced the two sequential
computations with parallel versions:

1) changing the initialization of the coordinates Fields
2) changing the computation of corner forces.

There are now no significant sequential computations in the code.
(There are a few; just count the number of semicolons. :)

Attached is

1) the main hydrodynamics kernel file (also included in the archive)
2) a uuencoded gzipped tar archive with all the source files
3) a patch with the differences between yesterday and today's source code

To compile the program,
a. uudecode foo.uu              # produces hydrodynamics.tgz
b. tar xzvf hydrodynamics.tgz   # extracts the five files
c. In Makefile, modify the compiler definitions as necessary.
d. make                         # produces hydrodynamics

Please send suggestions, comments, and questions.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden