Re: [pooma-dev] Accounts on chi

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Accounts on chi
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:12:40 -0600

It is premature to go and fill in the form without getting the z-number etc. This will take a bit of time since there are more approvals required. Jeff Brown is the guy who needs to file the form.

BTW, to head off a Simpsons-like international incident between the US and France, I'd like to mention that the LANL list I told Mark about isn't exactly "Countries We Do Not Like at the Moment". :-) All non-US citizens require special approvals to get lab computer access these days, including Stephen who used to work there.

There is a list of "sensitive" countries, some fairly obvious and some not, that require still more paperwork, but happily we've been able to confirm that France is not on this list.

Scott

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 10:26 AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

Jeffrey Oldham <address@hidden> writes:

| He probably needs a z-number and a passcode, which he does not have,
| to complete the form.

You're absolutely right :-)
(I confess my ignorance about what a "z-number" is :-)

It's essentially a userid.

Scott, do you think filling out the old ACL account application form
will still work?

Gaby, you may as well try it.  Visit:

 http://www.acl.lanl.gov/scripts/accounts.pl

Meanwhile, I will contact Jeff Brown.