Re: Using Tau and PDT with Pooma

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: Using Tau and PDT with Pooma
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:40:42 -0700

--On Wednesday, October 03, 2001 02:00:34 PM -0700 Jeffrey Oldham <address@hidden> wrote:

These are the steps I used to install Tau on my sequential Linux
computer.

I take it worked.  Yay.

Visit http://www.acl.lanl.gov/tau to download Tau 2.9.19.  (Note the
version number!)  Visit http://www.acl.lanl.gov/pdtoolkit to download
PDToolkit.

I'll put copies of these on our POOMA web site.  That way it will be
easy to find them, and if the ACL copies go away we'll still have
ours, and not be at the mercy of new versions.

  make install          # How does one specify installation in a
                          # different directory?

Usually with --prefix, but maybe not here.

The Tau and Pooma configuration files have diverged.  If using Linux,
patch the appropriate Pooma config/arch configuration file: Add a line
defining '$profile_archtype' to "i386_linux" (including quotation
marks) and modify '$profile_lib_subdir' to use '$profile_archtype'
instead of the hard-coded string.

Can we do this once and check it in so that we don't have to remember
this step every time?

--
Mark Mitchell                   address@hidden