RE: [pooma-dev] SSH Configuration

From: Julian C. Cummings
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] SSH Configuration
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:17:57 -0700

Hi Mark,

I guess I should have checked this earlier, but I just
got around to attempting an update from the cvs repository,
and indeed, I no longer can access it.  When I do

ssh -v -1 address@hidden

it tells me that the RSA1 host key has changed and is
unknown.  Then it says I need to add the correct host
key to the known_hosts file to eliminate this problem.

I tried doing what Stephen suggested, setting CVS_RSH
to ssh1, and making a ssh1 script that just does "ssh -1 $@".
That seems to do the right thing when I run a cvs command,
but then I am being asked for the password for
address@hidden  It should not be asking
me for a password.  You are supposed to have my identity.pub
file in the authorized_keys file on pooma.codesourcery.com.
I would have assumed that you just copied this file over
from the previous pooma.codesourcery.com machine, but maybe
it is not considered valid because the host has a new IP
address and/or RSA1 host key.

In any event, I am once again stuck not being able to access
the repository and hence do much useful Pooma work.  Please
let me know how to fix this problem ASAP.  To remind you, I
am running OpenSSH under Cygwin on a Windows PC.

Thanks, Julian C.

Dr. Julian C. Cummings
Staff Scientist, CACR/Caltech
(626) 395-2543