MakeOwnCopy problem

From: John Hall
Subject: MakeOwnCopy problem
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:59:47 -0700

Gang:
In FieldEngine.h, the routine makeOwnCopy references a "model" which doesn't exist. I changed it locally to s.fieldEngine().data(m,c) which compiles and links and seems to make sense to me.

Could someone else take a look at it and tell me what the right thing to do is?

  // Make a distinct copy of this fieldEngineBase.

  template<class Subject>
  void makeOwnCopy(const Subject &s)
  {
    PAssert(data_m.isValid());

    // Create a blank slate of engines:

    data_m = RefCountedBlockPtr<Data_t>();
    stride_m = centering_m.size();
    addSubFields();

    // Copy then engines and relations and
    // Deepen the copies of the engine & relations list.

    for (int m = 0; m < num_materials_m; ++m)
    {
      for (int c = 0; c < centering_m.size(); ++ c)
      {
        data(m, c) = model.data(m, c); // This is THE LINE in question
        data(m, c).engine().makeOwnCopy();
        data(m, c).relations().makeOwnCopy(s);
      }
    }