Re: [pooma-dev] Parallel File I/O

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Parallel File I/O
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:34:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Arno Candel wrote:

> Many thanks!
>
> I just implemented a serial writer. Can you give me a hint how to
> structure a reader which reads a file from NFS into a distributed array?

Just do it the same way as in the writer, but read your data into your
"local copy" (was "a" in my writer example) and copy it to the distributed
array A. Note that this copying has to be done by all contexts, i.e.

if (Pooma::context() == 0)
  read into a (using a.engine().localEngine())
A(domain) = a;

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>