Re: [pooma-dev] Warnings when compiling Pooma

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Warnings when compiling Pooma
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:28:07 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Gasper Tkacik wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> When I compile Pooma (I currently only use Array<2, double> and no other
> fancy stuff), I get warnings like:
>
> /development/external/r2/src/Domain/Grid.h:360: warning: base class `class
> Domain<1, DomainTraits<Grid<1> > >' should be explicitly initialized in the
> copy constructor

This one seems to be a bug - but I'm currently not able to provide a quick
fix, as the obvious one is just segfaulting on me. Maybe I'll investigate
tomorrow.

> or
>
> /development/external/r2/src/Domain/DomainTraits.Interval.h:264:
> warning: comparison
> between signed and unsigned integer expressions

There's a lot of these around and fixing them is not high priority - just
use -Wno-sign-compare.

> Is this normal in the sense that you folks use Pooma and don't see all
> these warnings or am I passing somewhere a strange template parameter? I
> tried to follow the examples... I am running gcc 3.2.20020903 on Linux
> RH8.0, from KDevelop tool (-Wall).

We're not seeing them, as at least I'm not using -Wall all the time and
most of the compilation output is hidden from us due to the makefile
structure.

Richard.