Re: [pooma-dev] POOMA Namespace Pollution

From: Jeffrey D. Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] POOMA Namespace Pollution
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:19:35 -0800

James Crotinger wrote:
Hi All,

I thought that the various global (non-Pooma::) functions all had Pooma:: objects as arguments, which should usually be enough to avoid collisions with other people's stuff. What are the problem functions?

I added namespace support to PETE a long time ago, but I believe it is an option on the generator program that is used to generate the operator files. Does CodeSourcery maintain the separate PETE repository? I don't think this stuff was ever part of the Pooma distribution - we just generated the operator includes and checked those in.

CodeSourcery does not maintain a PETE repository. We never had access to the original CVS tree, and it has not undergone development during the past few years.

At any rate, we didn't put the Pooma operators in a namespace because, at the time, some of our compilers (probably most, in fact) didn't do Koenig lookup correctly.

--
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden